Wednesday, June 30, 2010

King of Laziness


I took a figure drawing class last summer from Adam Ford. In it he talked a lot about gesture. So I’ve been doing a lot of gesture sketches in my sketch book when I get the chance. I’m still trying to figure out what he’s been talking about. I’ve also been reading both of the Drawn to life: Walt Stanchfield Lecture books. He also talks A LOT about gesture.
I captured a gesture of one of my brothers lying on the couch the other day, and then some guy at lunch eating something. It only takes like a minute and then I let them sit in my book for awhile. After some time I came back to them with some Prismacolor markers. I think they came out a lot better than just sketching from my head. The gesture really helps put a story into it. Better than anything I can come up with. I really enjoyed making my brother into the king of laziness and the guy at lunch into a sad robot.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Francisco. I'm going to try and paint the king some time in the future. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete